Tuesday, December 29, 2009

THE SEA IS WARM

I'm supposed to be packing for Thailand....yeah. Little did I know I would quickly become introduced to fine artist Robert McGinnis tonight. Born in 1926, you get a grate since of the vintage feel in his compositions and subject matter. (He is known for the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" movie poster!) I am in love with the way he incorporates patterned textiles into the work, features a woman's bare/almost bare back, and the fact that he creates dynamic compositions with a touch of seduction. Oh, and don't forget about his inclusion of fabulous accessories.

 
 
 
 
Time to move back into packing. I must narrow my bike short selection down to just a few pairs instead of six. Or maybe not. To be worn under short high waisted floral skirts, right?

1 comment:

  1. also just found him. . . now where can I buy prints !!!! :) ???

    ReplyDelete