Monday, December 14, 2009

WHAT'S UP, MONSTERS?

 I attended Lady Gaga's Monster Ball last night.
And my love for her was simply HEIGHTENED.
I am still unsure of which costume was my favorite,
as each was so beautifully complex and different.



Apart from the chizzeled, energy driven backup dancers
and Gaga's amazing abs,
my favorite part of the show was  the costume change
and backdrop videos.
I LOVE the opening video, and how she had the room filled
with dry ice to push the "Dance in the Dark" theme.
Also, there was a great video she played in which she was talking
about her fans. In the video, she is sitting in a studio with multiple
different scary nuclear bomb masks on. One look even resembles
an Egyptian statuette. The film was freaky and inspiring.
And, I love that it freaked out the crowd.



(When this intro started up and she first appeared on the stage,
I lost it. I was like a screaming teen seeing the Beatles exit a jet plane.)
Her LED costume was fantastic, and I love the way that
her costume change videos were shot. Awkward movements, angles, fantastic
fashion, etc. Everything you would expect from Ms. Stefanie.


This vid was also amazing. The McQueen 12 inchers made it,
and the corsetry is beautiful.

As for MY COSTUME, I wore one of the new futuristic looking leotards
from the Sonia Rykiel for H&M collection. It was black and purple
and very Gagaesque. Then, I wore fishnets and boots (to stay comfortable while
dancing!) and I constructed a mask on my face out of gold pipecleaners. I attached
a vertical square to the top and filled the negative space with black lace. It looked
great, and held up! Pictures to follow. :)

Perhaps my favorite costume of hers:

Love you, girl.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment