Monday, March 15, 2010

Brand Profile: Opening Up Your Market

THIS WEEK for my Fashion Marketing class, I am allowed to select a topic of my own choice for my blog. I wanted to keep it related to the kinds of things we talk about in class, so I decided to talk about a website called The Cool Hunter. I've been enjoying and exploring this website for about a year, and I love what they write about. They cover all kinds of topics, from travel to fashion design, gadgets, and bars.

This update was posted in January, but I've seen the images floating around various websites, because they've definitely caused some intrigue in the market place. Example? See the following!
I've seen these types of ideas around the design/blogging world a lot lately - the idea being the wan to toy with luxury brands and items in ways that we haven't ever seen them presented before. Does a french fry seem any healthier or more high end when it's in a crisp, white package with the Hermes logo on it? Or, is this just something us fashionistas dream about?

The Cool Hunter is using those just ideas to create great new promotional tools for monster luxury brands such as Hermes and Gucci. The ultimate promotional tool for these brands is the element of surprise. Launch an idea (like this one) into the world of fast paced social media, and intrigue and interest will consume us environmental scanners overnight.
Would you purchase a burger from McDonald's if it was in a Burberry wrapper?
Images and info source.

No comments:

Post a Comment