Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Appreciating Marc's Details

At first, I  was turned off by Marc's S/S 10 collection simply because his runway atmosphere was boring as hell. (Channeling back to S/S 07, this is nothing.) I know this is partly caused by the recession, and he wasn't even going to have an after party, so this is as good as it gets, I guess!

I knew I HAD to post about him because, well, it's MARC. And now, I am happy to say that the longer I look at his new collection, the more I appreciate the details in it all. (Emily and I are still undecided about the NARS makeup, though.)


 
I'm feeling the neck ruffle. It appears to be a Victorian classic with a bridal-garter twist.
Available in white and a soft taupe. Beautiful, natural.
  
  
Lovely knee highs, cuffed OVER pants. 
  
A ruffled, pastel rainbow dream come true. WITH sheer knee highs!
There is a beautiful continuation of the pearl theme throughout
almost every garment.
Architectural details. And pearls.
 
The continuation of pearls continues with a peek of skin 
and a beautiful color palette in a whimsical circus-esque print. 
 
Lovely looks layered. Lingerie, (nylons and a beautiful satin bra), 
over a knitted sweater, done in muted natural spring shades.
I also love the subtle introduction of a printed scarf.
We see this pattern repeat in button down shirts, in muted
blue greens, browns, and olives.
Exposed lingerie trend with a sequined lattice work skirt.
I would like to place an order now.
No matter what, Marc is always so imaginative and whimsical. Thank goodness.
 
More adorable than ever.
D

No comments:

Post a Comment