Sunday, September 13, 2009

Girl Power Fashion Icon - Karen O.

This woman...
To put it lightly, has changed my life. Every single song by the yyy's has a specific emotional memory attached to me. And Karen has always looked fantastic. I saw her this year and in 2007, where she adorned a red kimono cape and a yellow textile-crazed mini. Also, I think it is easy to say that she is a queen of accessories. Leather cut off and neon fringed gloves, shredded knit scarves, glitter tassel capes, and a beautiful collection of tights. (She was the first person I've seen to wear half opaque/half sheer tights back when I saw her in 2007.) Her voice is full of sex and the energy she infuses into her performances is beyond one of a kind and priceless. She does what she wants on stage, and we all love it. She has a style all her own, and looks like no one else.
Recently, I was in a photoshoot for my school's newspaper, 180 Magazine. In the interview, I was asked who my main inspirations/who my favorite fashion icons were. I couldn't think of one. My style is a mix of everyone and everything, ideas from here and textiles from there. But, a few weeks ago, I realized that my style icon was always Ms. Karen O. She is so original, and I love bright colors, great prints, and interesting shapes like she does. 
So, here's to you, girl!
 
  
  
  
  
 
 
 
Even more of her badass looks at: http://christianjoy.us/

D

No comments:

Post a Comment