Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Halston Kills It

Each piece of this collection feels like a little gem to me. A jewel. Each had its own distinctive color, and I like it that way. Heels were split up the shin and gathered around the knee, wrapped around the foot, and also sported fur running up the front panel. But, the garments were the true main piece of each ensemble, as the accessories were in muted grays, neutral tans, and black. (With a few pops of sky blue.)

One thing to appreciate is the heritage of this brand. Known for its 1970s qualities, they keep the tradition going in this F/W 2010 collection. Most silhouettes are in 70s fashion, with a modern twist. For example, a few of the gowns have a high waist and are floor length, and the designs are clean, structural, and simple. Also, other coat-dresses skim super short on the thigh and remind me of the Mod 1960s. The modern twist is the geometric shaped update on some of the looks.

Also, I think I am becoming a large fan of light gray and burnt orange garments. Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment