Sunday, April 18, 2010

Brand Profile: Let's Get Out Of This Country

The end of the spring semester is nearing, and I am ITCHING to be done with it! Many adventures are planned in the near future, and I just want to experience them all! Long story short, I have a yahoo email account, and saw a page they created for the "Best New Hotels of 2010". (More like resorts in mostly exotic locations that make you drool and book a flight immediately.) I haven't viewed all of the hotels yet, but each one was beautifully designed, and looked so relaxing. In fact, one was even located at Cha Am beach in Thailand, one of the locations that I stayed at when I had my adventure in Thailand. This hotel, The Alila, is $100 a night (US dollars). Compare that to the crappy motel I'm getting across the street from Disneyland in June and yeah...don't cry too much about it! ;)

Basically, my question is - how come I feel that I'm not advertised to international affairs too much? In the United States, it's always the same products, like Burger King, dating websites, and Visa. I swear, when Emirates started their services to SFO International airport, it was so exciting! I loved seeing images of India all over the city, and the bold text on their ads made me intrigued. I feel like I only see great galleries of international locations and hotels when they're a) featured/new or b) I'm looking into a vacation. Ultimately, this is probably because it's an exclusive, EXCITING thing that probably wouldn't be too much fun to see all of the time if you couldn't afford to go. But, I must say, I would rather see a commercial or billboard for Poland or Japan than Grubhub.com. Just saying.

-The Ram
PS: View The Alila hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment