Sunday, April 4, 2010

Brand Profile: My Love For Lush


My weekly blog post (for my Fashion Marketing class) has lead me to expose my devotion and love for Lush Cosmetics. (Of course, all of our readers know how much Emily & I love Lush, but The Ram's instructor may not know yet!) 

Lush is a hand made, natural, vegetarian and vegan cosmetic company. Now, this company doesn't just make products for your face, but your whole body! A few aspects of this company that I admire include their earth-friendly packaging (you can buy 70% of their products "naked"!), no animal testing, use of natural ingredients,  and their love for baths, perfume, and shared showers! ;) 

Their product line includes things that aren't sold in other stores, because Lush invents them! A few of these innovative products include Shower Jellies, Shower Bombs, Solid Shampoo bars, and more. In addition to their innovative products, Lush has product lines of shampoo, conditioner, soap, bubble bath and regular bath "bombs", a complete skincare line including fresh face masks, solid perfumes, massage bars, scrubs, and more. 

To me, the fact that Lush uses fresh, natural ingredients in their products adds value. I feel special and knowledgeable when I shop there, because the associates are happy to tell me the ingredients of any product! And, these ingredients are things I've heard of before, like sea salt, tea tree oil, peppermint, and jasmine, just to name a few. Another aspect that adds value is knowing that the products were handmade. On the packaging of every product, there is a sticker with an image of the worker who made the product, their name, the date it was made, and the date it expires. Third, the longevity of their product as a lot of value to me. My favorite moisturizer, Enzymion, is $39.95, and is the most I've ever spent on a moisturizer. But, it lasts a full year, and you only need a little bit to spread across your entire face. I end up saving money on a product that works better (on me) than drugstore products. 

When you entire a Lush store, you are usually greeted immediately by an associate, and fun music is playing in the background of the store. Also, the stores are designed using natural wood and chalk signage. These are natural, familiar materials that are easy to connect to. These attributes (in addition to what I stated above) add greatly to the brand image, as it makes the brand very natural feeling and personable! 

If I turned your curiosity button on, click here to check out all of Lush's products, and find a store near you! :)

- The Ram

No comments:

Post a Comment