Thursday, October 15, 2009

Can't Move Forward, Can't Go Back

I read this blurb today on New York Time's The Cut. Garbriel Bell says that according to studies womens' self esteem decreases when looking at a woman in an ad, no matter what her size.

Glamour has been showing "real women" in their magazine and website, while German magazine Brigitte announced that (next year) they will no longer use professional models.

Some things are impossible to get right. Bell reports that all overweight women's self esteem decreases when looking at these images. All? Really?

Personally I am hesitant for healthier/heavier models to become the norm. Why? Because when I see how pretty they are I'll know that it's real. There is safety in knowing that an image is the way it is thanks to starvation and photoshop.

Terrible, I know. How do you guys feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment