Thursday, October 29, 2009

FNO To Return in 2010

“It was only 15 minutes after the event began, and we were getting reports about lines around the block at stores throughout the city. It was wonderful to see people embrace this initiative, and we are thrilled that they wish it to return.” -Anna Wintour

Recent studies show that Fashion's Night Out was a success, with sales up 50% for the evening in NYC. San Francisco's FNO was very cute, filled with AAU faculty, alum, models waltzing around the store in Neiman's merchandise, and guests dressed in evening apparel.

I am happy to hear that it seems to be becoming an annual event. I hope that San Francisco takes more of a part next year, perhaps by getting more stores to sign up, and expanding the festivities to clubs, restaurants, etc. In addition, I hope that San Francisco plans even later shopping hours. (Neiman's ended at ten or eleven, very early for students ready to be out all night!) Even though the event at Neiman's was fun, I must say that I was jealous of all of New York's parties, model/celeb sightings, etc. Yes, I know that SF will never have models like NY does. And yes, perhaps I should just fly out to experience the NY version next year. I just want to see Jessica and Gemma and Ranya.

GOAL FOR YOU, SAN FRANCISCO: For FNO 2010, be as alive as NYC was in 2009!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment